Monday, December 20, 2010

I heard a great song today... a really great song. It's called The Unwinding Cable Car by Anberlin. It really calmed me down and got me thinking...

This Christmas is most definitely not going to be the same. I love spending time with my family. They are amazing! I just wish my girl could be here with me. Haha it's quite funny that my ex, who happens to be my best friend will be there. Nothing seems to be the same this year. My mom wont be here and that's really hard for me to take in. Just to let you know, i'm not taking the family I do have here for granted. They keep me grounded.

It's hard to feel the Christmas spirit when it feels that everything is so wrong at the moment. I'm trying very hard to keep my chin up and a smile on my face, but it's so easy to mask the hurt and pain that is inside. I don't know why I'm hurting. Maybe it's just the season... and how things have changed this year... I don't know. There are other reasons i'm sure but those are being kept with held.

On a lighter note... My hair is blue. It's amazing and smurfy... I love it!

Christmas is a time when you get homesick - even when you're home. ~Carol Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment